Hello Pekka,

Am 22.02.2013 16:07, schrieb Pekka Paalanen:
- A totally new demo client presenting sub-surfaces, including
   Cairo-image rendered window with a pure EGL/GL widget in a
   sub-surface, running independently, but still without glitches
   on resize (sans bugs).
   http://people.collabora.com/~pq/subsurface-2.png

The above example shows non overlapping regions. For a more throughout test, I would expect overlapping regions with and without alpha to test Z-order behaviour.

The biggest improvement over v1 is that we have some thought-out
commit behaviours. It is possible to resize a window so that all
surfaces stay in sync on screen, and it is also possible to have
sub-surfaces running on their own (i.e. without commit the
parent surface, too).

What is the default behaviour of repainting in regards to Z-order? Draw all surfaces? I other words, is the possibility to have sub-surfaces running on their own only optional?

kind regards
Kai-Uwe