Alexander Preisinger wrote:

    +    <enum name="state">
    +      <entry name="default" value="0"/>
    +      <entry name="minimized" value="1"/>
    +      <entry name="maximized" value="2"/>
    +      <entry name="fullscreen" value="4"/>

Are these supposed to be flags? Like that it can send multiple states in one request? I think the client should keep track of the previous state itself and the compositor only
sends the state he wants the client to have.

This came up before. It looks like it does have to be flags. The shell is interested in knowing what state it would be in if minimized or fullscreen is turned off, otherwise it cannot implement a "turn off fullscreen" button. I think however it does not have to be any more complex than flags, there can be precedence rules:

  Minimized means ignore maximize/fullscreen
  Fullscreen means ignore maximize