On 05/29/2013 06:56 AM, Bill Spitzak wrote:
A new requirement seems to have appeared: colord >= 0.1.27

I appear to have an Ubuntu "colord" package installed but it does not
include any libraries.

I am trying to compile it from this git repostitory (git clone
git://github.com/hughsie/colord.git) but it is bringing in a lot of
rather scary dependencies, such as gtk-doc. Also it looks like this
compiles a daemon and not any library.

Any explanation before I waste more time on this?

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libcolord-dev

Debian and derivatives ship development files in corresponding lib<whateverthelibrarynameis>-dev packages.