I think in absolute time you are right, the "P" points do not move. Instead everything else would move left by .5, resulting in the same image I described with the vertical arrows always tilting to the right.

The green decision lines move left by .5 to align with the "P" points since the decision is strictly whether a "T" is between two "P".

The "T" points move left by .5 because the client will have to timestamp everything .5 earlier.

I still feel it would be less confusing to avoid negative numbers and to match what I am pretty certain is mainstream usage of integer timestamps on frames.

Pekka Paalanen wrote:
On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:20:00 -0800