Le 05/03/2014 11:04, Pekka Paalanen a écrit :
On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:40:32 +0000
"Wang, Quanxian" <quanxian.w...@intel.com> wrote:

Just mention one thing

Pq:
But RandR is a disaster if random applications use it! Windows and
icons squashed into top-left corner, dialogs too large to fit on the
screen after the random application fails to restore the video mode,
or the picture just looking horrible and an average user not even
knowing why everything suddenly went ugly. [Wang, Quanxian] For this,
if you think it is disaster because of mode setting. It is a pity. If
the apps designer is careful, layout should be consistent with width
or height of output. In my testing for randr protocol, I found window
is designed to use width and height of output. Because it uses width
and height of output, but it doesn't care the change of
output(wl_output provides the mechanism to listen mode, scale
change). You can read my patch 6/6 for bug fix. It is just one fix.
It is the apps design flaw instead of wayland issue. Also you also
find 200 or 600 some hard code number is set.

Yeah, it looks like the patch 6/6 would be a nice fix, but I think you
should resend that alone, so it won't have to wait until the protocol
design is concluded. It's a stand-alone patch, right?

+1 for this one which is a very old bug.

--
David FORT
website: http://www.hardening-consulting.com/