On 05/07/2014 03:04 AM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:

Maybe you forgot to set some of the environment variables from here:
http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html

Don't play with the foofoo_CFLAGS and foofoo_LIBS variables, it is much
better to fix pkg-config to find the right .pc files.

Thank you, yes I forgot to export the variables.

Not sure why I managed to get so far without them (for instance building a local copy of glproto fixed things), but I guess most of the autoconf scripts use the --prefix switch, but for some reason mesa only uses the environment variables in this one case.

Any chance this is a bug, and which version is wrong? I can see reasons that --prefix should only effect the "output" of compilation and not the "input" so in fact mesa is the only one doing this right, and only for dri2proto...