On 20/11/2015 10:38, Christian Hartmann wrote:
I got a configure error since this week:

checking for COMPOSITOR... yes
checking for WAYLAND_PROTOCOLS... no
configure: error: Package requirements (wayland-protocols >= 0.1.0)
were not met:

No package 'wayland-protocols' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables WAYLAND_PROTOCOLS_CFLAGS
and WAYLAND_PROTOCOLS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

On both test / developing machine, what I am missing and where can I
get these requested protocols pc files??

Any help or hint(s) would be appreciate :=)

and yes I always start to update at first wayland setup. but that did
not solved my issue, and I am already looking at it, but cannot find
these protocols yet....

Hi,

This is a brand new repository that was created a few days ago.
You can find it here[0].
You simply have to install it before Weston (it does not matter if you install it before or after Wayland). This repository is installing a set of protocols files for other projects to use them. Weston is the first user and most of the protocols that were waiting for stabilisation in Weston were moved to wayland-protocols.

Cheers,

--

Quentin “Sardem FF7” Glidic

[0] <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/>