Hi,

On 2 September 2016 at 09:30, Giulio Camuffo <giuliocamu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I can't tell if it's right or not, but so maybe it would be good to
>>> add a comment about it, unless someone (daniels?) can confirm it's
>>> right.
>>
>> Well, this is needed when traversing submenus using the keyboard.
>>
>> Once you navigate to a submenu with the keyboard, the corresponding popup is
>> created by the toolkit using the serial provided by the compositor, which
>> will compare against the last known serial. If the grab serial is updated on
>> key press only, the serial won't match and the submenu will be dismissed.
>
> Yes, i meant if it's right or not to leave the grab_time and grab_key
> as they are.

Yes, leaving those as-is makes things work as intended. What's
unpleasant about this patch isn't that though, but that clients which
attempt to use the key _press_ to trigger something are now going to
fail. I don't like that, but only triggering on release makes much
much more sense (hence why GTK+ does it), and maintaining multiple
possible serials is a lot more work. So, pushed with review, thanks!

To ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/wayland/weston
   be8a6d3..df84dbe  push -> master

Cheers,
Daniel