On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 01:37:08 +0000 "Han, Guowei"
<guowei....@johnsonoutdoors.com> said:

> Thanks Jasper. Do u know if there's a demo i can learn from? Currently i am
> creating a bigger surface bigger than screen size. and make subsurface so i
> can posion them as i want. Really don't think its a good way to do it.

that is the intended design. it's a very good thing not allowing clients to
arbitrarily position themselves on a screen. a very good idea. wayland has
gotten it right here (and ivi-shell i think is just being wrong and not
understanding the mountain of history behind such a decision to disallow
manual explicit positioning).

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com