Hi Marius,

On 7 March 2018 at 17:36, Marius Vlad <marius-cristian.v...@nxp.com> wrote:
> Otherwise when setting dpms level DPMS_ON, weston_output_schedule_repaint()
> will bail out early and never get a chance to wake up the output.
>
> Arguably this could also be done in drm_set_dpms() when setting
> dpms_off_pending
> but I figure it better to do it when deferred.

Thanks, that's a good catch, but I do wonder how it wasn't getting
tripped up before. In previous releases, we'd call drm_set_dpms() from
anywhere, which would block on the update completing and then set the
DPMS level. I wonder if it's because we would receive a flip-done
event anyway and call weston_output_finish_frame() after the DPMS had
completed, which would drive us into repaint-idle.

I suspect we should be calling finish_frame() to match that behaviour,
to indicate that the previous update has completed, and then
synchronously applying DPMS state. Pretending that
disable/destroy/DPMS-off can be called at any time is really biting
though. :(

Cheers,
Daniel