On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 12:20:08PM +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Apr 2018 13:11:24 +0000
> Matt Hoosier <matt.hoos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you happen to know of a good readymade program that fakes the presence
> > of a touch input device with uinput? I'd love to test this series, but
> > current Weston is far ahead of what my embedded devices will do; so I'm in
> > the position of mostly relying on the desktop for testing.
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> sorry, I have no knowledge of such tool, and the lack of it has
> prevented me from testing things before as well.
>
> Right now I have two borrowed touchscreens to work with, but I need to
> send them back one day.

$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/99-touchpads-are-touchscreens.rules
ACTION!="add|change", GOTO="_end"
ENV{ID_INPUT_TOUCHPAD}=="1", ENV{ID_INPUT_TOUCHPAD}="",
ENV{ID_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN}="1"
LABEL="_end"

This turns your touchpad into a touchscreen, should be good enough for
testing. Afterwards, reboot or run

    sudo udevadm test /sys/class/input/event17
    sudo udevadm test /sys/class/input/event17/device

with your event node. Note that you need both the event node and the parent
input device to avoid both flags being set.

Cheers,
   Peter