Hi Dawn,

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 18:09, Dawn HOWE <dawn.h...@alten.com> wrote:

> I am developing an (embedded) medical device which is required to have a
> touchscreen display and also mirror the output to a monitor connected via
> HDMI. The device is using Wayland/Weston on TorizonCore (based on a yocto
> kirkstone). I am able to get the display extended from HDMI to LVDS, but
> not have the output mirrored to both displays. I posted a query on the
> Toradex community, and received a response that Weston may not be capable
> of doing this. (
> https://community.toradex.com/t/apalis-imx8-hdmi-and-lvds-display-not-mirroring-cloning/19869
> ).
>

> I have searched and found some old posts from several years ago indicating
> that it was not supported, but may be with a patch. I understand that
> “same-as” configuration in weston.ini does not work for my scenario.
>

> What is the current state of cloning/mirroring to two different outputs,
> but on the same card. E.g (card1-HDMI-A-1 and card1-LVDS-1):
>
> ls /sys/class/drm
>
> card0  card1  card1-HDMI-A-1  card1-LVDS-1  renderD128
> renderD129  version

Weston can currently mirror it if the display driver directly supports it.
You can use the same-as configuration option (see man weston-drm) to enable
this. If your display driver doesn't support this in the kernel, then
Weston won't do it for now, but we are actively working on this and expect
to have a branch capable of this within the next couple of weeks or so.

Cheers,
Daniel