I’m a visually impaired user of Ubuntu 22.04 and Libreoffice Writer. I
use Gnome Magnifier, set to between 6X and 10X magnification. It works
well with Xorg, but not with Wayland. I’ve heard some distros,
including Ubuntu will eventually use only Wayland. That’s a problem for
me, and for other visually impaired users.

At 6X magnification, the cursor is stuck at the bottom of the screen,
so that the bottom of letters are planted on the bottom of the view. As
magnification is increased, the cursor and the letters sink below the
bottom, until, at 10X, the letters are gone. I contacted TDF, who have
been working at it from their side, but I’ve always thought it’s a
Wayland issue.

I’m a user, not a developer, so I hope Wayland developers can have a
look at the issue, maybe even in conjunction with TDF’s accessibility
director.
--
Jim Greene