Please do not quote the entire WBMUTBB Digest
when you reply to this issue. - List Manager


wbmutbb-digest        Saturday, April 15 2000        Volume 02 : Number 117




Topics in this issue:

 Color episodes
 The "T" in Ernest T. Bass
 E-Bay
 Re: E-Bay
 "daddy Farquar" on TAGS
 Trivial Trivialities
 color episodes
 Re: Color Favorites
 Retrospective
 Color episodes & bloopers
 The Color Episodes
 Re: wbmutbb-digest V2 #115
 Re: Color Episodes
 spotted the "shoe salesman/talent scout"on superman

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:37:31 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Color episodes

I agree about the color episodes.  I love them just as much as the black
and whites, except for missing Barney a whole lot.  My favorites are the
oregano story as well as the rose and winning trip to Mexico; that one of
Howard moving to St. Benedict's Island is pretty good too.  I think Andy
was missing Barney when they returned for the sixth season too; as he
said in the special, they were very close; it probably hit him like
losing a sibling.  Like that one newspaper article said, Barn's departure
was one of the 100 worst moments in television history!  I have one
question, how do you turn them into black and white and remove the color?
 I'd like to try that on my TV if it's possible.  And I'm sure excited
about the new tee-shirts; as a fairly new member I missed out last time. 
Aunt Bee of Orlando

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:19:08 -0500
From: "Rick Willis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: The "T" in Ernest T. Bass

<<I have wondered over the last few days...what does the "T" in Ernest T.
Bass stand for?  We were never told this info on the show...any good guesses
out there?>>

Gotta be "Ernest Tubb" Bass--if it isn't it should be. And by the way, ever
notice how much the late Jim Varney's character "Ernest" dressed like our
Ernest T.?

Roscoe Rickey from Checkpoint Chickey

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:51:09 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: E-Bay

What is this e-bay all about?  Are we forbidden to sell on this site or
to post the price of something we have available for fellow fans. 
Somebody enlighten me please.  Aunt Bee of Orlando

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 20:19:26 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: E-Bay

In a message dated 4/14/00 7:01:46 PM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
writes:

<< What is this e-bay all about?  Are we forbidden to sell on this site or
 to post the price of something we have available for fellow fans. 
 Somebody enlighten me please.  Aunt Bee of Orlando >>

e-Bay is an online auction location. Folks put things online there to sell 
them at the highest price the item can bring. 

No, you can't use the Digest to sell things IF you're trying to sell lots of 
stuff. If you want to make folks aware that you have something they might 
want to buy and you're giving the folks here in our little corner of Mayberry 
the first shot, YOU BET you can do that!!  If you're selling something every 
day or week or real often...well, this might not be the place to do it.

If you have something you're putting on e-Bay that folks here in Mayberry 
might want  a shot at, sure...tell us. I like to browse as much as anybody.

We just don't want the Digest to become a swap meet but we DO want to keep 
folks in the "know" about anything Mayberry. Just y'all use your best 
judgment and I don't think you'll go wrong.

Allan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:46:09 CST
From: "jim and sheila henderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: "daddy Farquar" on TAGS

|This evening's 6 pm TAGS had "daddy Farquar" (Mrs. Drysdale's dad from the 
Beverly
Hillbillies) on as Aunt Bee's date. It was a good color show. Hey, it STILL
feels funny to see the kitchen back door moved! It was on the same wall as the
kitchen sink. Now, mysteriously it has moved! Were we, the viewers of TAGS,
not supposed to question how that back door moved and no one acted like it did?
ha ha. Also, on Gomer USMC Mrs. Lesche (don't know if I spelled it correctly)
played a bad lady AGAIN! And in the epilogue (Gomer, USMC)that sweet little
lady was the little lady from the epilogue when Barney bought his car. The 
little
lady on Gomer was the one who came in with her nephew the minister when she
had her car for sale, right after Barney got ripped off by Mrs. Lesche.This
is fun "spotting" characters from the shows as they were interchanged! 
|

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 21:18:58 -0400
From: Greg Painter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Trivial Trivialities

    Finally saw the Don Knott's movie The Love God this week.  
I thought it was an enjoyable movie.  When Don Knott's first 
appears in the film, it has a definite Mayberry feel.  There is 
good ole Barn in front of the choir, Uncle Ollie as the reverend, 
Charlene Darlin on the piano....they even had Glen Cripes in 
the back row of the choir!

"Better do what they say, Al"
Greg "Mc-BV" Painter - Mayberry chapter

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:46:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Vicki Pillow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: color episodes

Hey to all in Mayberry,

I would have to say that "Dinner At Eight" is definitely my favorite color
episode.  In fact, I like it enough that I would have rank it pretty high of
all the episodes.  A close second of the color episodes is "The Bazaar". 
Warren just cracks me up in that one.

Lots of luck to you and yours,
Vicki 






_______________________________________________________
Get 100% FREE Internet Access powered by Excite
Visit http://freelane.excite.com/freeisp

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:49:01 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Color Favorites

I mentioned several color episodes I liked in my previous post.  Someone else 
mentioned the one in which Howard caught the big fish...that was a really 
good one.  But my personal favorite is "The Battle of Mayberry."  True small 
town spirit there, and Opie shows us why he is quite possibly the most 
scrupulous, honest character on the show.

Dixon
 
 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:50:09 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Retrospective

I don't remember the title of the special that ran on the Discovery Channel 
but I did see it...It is the same one that ran on CBS in the early 
90s...around 91 or so, when CBS was showing all of those specials devoted to 
Ed Sullivan, Mary Tyler Moore, etc.

Dixon
 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 23:58:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ruth Stanley)
Subject: Color episodes & bloopers

I personally love the color episodes (after all we're talking Mayberry
here)  Today's WB network episode was a treat since it had Barney
returning for a class reunion only to find Thel hadn't waited & hadn't
been pining away for him, but had up & got herself hitched to another
man. The fact that he hadn't written to her since he had left, didn't
seem to make a difference in his expectation that he could take up
things just where they left off. But our romeo soon had his heart
restored by  another admiring classmate.
One explanation of the blooper that Dennis mentioned might have  been if
Ron Howard was involved in sports when that episode was shot, they might
have shot around him.  Ron mentioned that they were very accommodating
of his activities & that sometimes the other players were playing to a
blank screen & the would edit it later.  Whether this occurred in any of
the black & white episodes or just the color ones, he didn't say as far
as I remember.
Aunt Bee 2

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 02:06:59 CDT
From: "***Stephanie Lynch***" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: The Color Episodes

The station I've watched Andy nightly on for three years has been showing 
some color episodes I haven't seen in their line-up.  For three years, we 
can tell when the run starts again.  I guess the station got some new 
episodes or maybe they had them but hadn't shown them.  I don't care because 
even though I like the black and white episodes the best, I've never seen 
many of the color episodes.  And these are towards the end of the show and 
include Mike and Sam.  Any Andy is better than no Andy at all!

Stephanie
'It's me!  It's me!  It's Ernest T!'

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 02:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?keb=20carter?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: wbmutbb-digest V2 #115

Mr. Joe, you have a great understanding of Fife-speak.
I was definitely entertained!  One thing, though:
I believe it's larNYX.
Well done!

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites.
http://invites.yahoo.com

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:44:44 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Color Episodes

In a message dated 4/14/00 6:52:02 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< OK, here we go since somebody brought it up.  What's your favorite color
 episode? >>

Hey To All,
I guess I would have to say that my very favorite episode of the ones in 
color would be where Aunt Bee does the commercial for the furniture 
polish...would that be "Aunt Bee On TV"?...Hmm, well even tho I have a full 
list of all the episodes I can't say that I am as up to snuff with the color 
episode's titles as I am on the black and whites.  Tho I love all the TAGS 
episodes, I have to admit I am partial to the earlier black and white 
episodes.

Anyone want a pickle to go with their Sunday dinner fixins?  I am sure Aunt 
Bee wouldn't let me mind letting you have a taste!
Sandi

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 21:44:06 CST
From: "jim and sheila henderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: spotted the "shoe salesman/talent scout"on superman

|This afternon I spotted someone from TAGS on another show. One of my favorite
episodes was about the Mayberry men gossipping, and the shoe salesman that every
body  "thought" was a tv talent scout. "Television is mighty important to me."
He did a walk on  in an episode of Superman during tv land's A-thon. Some of
the bad guys from TAGS have been "bad guys" on superman, also.|

------------------------------

End of wbmutbb-digest V2 #117
*****************************


**************************************************
~              Visit our sponsor
~         Weaver's Department Store
~   http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/weavers/
**************************************************

You must send your comments to the Digest from the
address you used to join WBMUTBB or your message
will not be posted. Only members may post to this
mailing list.

To remove yourself from the WBMUTBB Digest mailing
list send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
following command in the body of your email message:

unsubscribe wbmutbb-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To change your email address, first unsubscribe using
the command above and then re-subscribe using the
following command in the body of your email message:

subscribe wbmutbb-digest

Reply via email to