Please do not quote the entire WBMUTBB Digest
when you reply to this issue. - List Manager


wbmutbb-digest       Thursday, November 23 2000       Volume 02 : Number 379




Topics in this issue:

 No Dimpled Chads here!
 Re: wbmutbb-digest V2 #378
 The Grinch
 TVLand
 Alumni Sightings
 Pickups and Splashes from Floor and Pool
 Subject: Digest #377 (Kail's Grinch review)
 Barney in Real Estate
 Father of the Father??

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:20:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Joel Rasmussen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: No Dimpled Chads here!

As this election thing drags on and on (and on!),
Ernest T., Barney Fife, Otis and other Mayberrians
want everyone to know that they are still available as
emergency Presidential Candidates!  

You can check out their qualifications, platforms and
slogans at:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/Mayberry/poll.html

Hopefully, a little humor will help ease the vote re-re-recounting...

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products.
http://shopping.yahoo.com/

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:58:15 -0600
From: "skip sanford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: wbmutbb-digest V2 #378

jerry,
I certainly have had that feeling.  In fact,
last summer I used a recipe from Aunt
Bea's Mayberry Cookbook called Aunt Bea's
kerosene cucumbers as the foundation
for my own dill pickles.  I added some
twists of my own for what turned out to be
my best effort thus far.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:58:00 -0600
From: "Paul Mulik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: The Grinch

Just a couple of quick comments about the new movie:

1.  Please don't give things away!  Many of us have not yet seen it.  Those
of you who talk about this thing and that thing that happened in the film
are spoiling it for others.

2.  Some of you seem to be under the mistaken impression that this film was
directed by a little red-haired boy named Opie.  It was not.  It was
directed by an adult named Ron Howard, one of  Hollywood's best directors.

- --Paul

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:01:28 -0500
From: "Dan Goodwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: TVLand

Have you seen the TVLand bits they're doing on certain character actors?
TAGS alumni include Burt Mustin (Old Jud), Parley Baer (Mayor Stoner) and
Jane Dulo (Sally, who dances with Al).  Neat pieces.

dan

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:03:25 -0500
From: "Dan Goodwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Alumni Sightings

Caught a Gomer during the marathon last week with Dabs Greer (Mr. Sims who
wanted to buy Andy's house), but the gem find was seeing Mrs. Boone (Mornin'
dear, mornin' honey).  I can't ever remember spotting her anywhere else
before.

dan

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:26:00 -0500
From: "GRITTON, JOE A. (AIT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Pickups and Splashes from Floor and Pool

Hey friends,

Just a couple quick notes.  First of all, sorry for all typoes (I'm from
Indiana-home of Dan Quayle) in my last post.  I guess I was relying on my
Ernest T. Bass School of typing skills.
Regarding Ernest T. writing/ not writing...that's just one of those little
glitches we like to find. ..Like Gomer not knowing anything about cars, and
then being an expert on cars.. there are many more.
Welcome to all the new members..particularly my fellow Hoosiers!  I think
you'll find this is a friendly town.
Just to recap my early report on The Grinch.  Yes there are a couple
off-color innuendoes, but they are largely over the top and I think Ron
Howard's Film will become a Holiday classic (but I don't want to start a
moulage here)  I didn't go in expected it to be as pure as Mayberry (though
I would have liked it better if it was) ..as someone said movies are a
Business...I think they are pressured to put a few zingers in to entertain
the adults, but it's mostly for the kids.
   I had my trained noticer eyes on this week, and noticed something on one
of my favorite episode  "The Bed Jacket"  When Andy is Fishing with Eagle
Eye Andy in the beginning..he catches one fish, takes it off the hook, and
then immediately recasts while Mayor Stoner is watching without re-baiting
his hook.  Now fishermen will tell you that sometimes you save the worm, but
that was an awful big fish that squirmed a while....It looked like Eagle Eye
Annie was so good that she re-baited herself, or caught fish without bait.
 
Happy Thanksgiving
The Untrained Voice

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:55:43 -0600
From: "Martha Templeton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Subject: Digest #377 (Kail's Grinch review)

    Well, I've just returned from the theatre with my own GRINCH review, and
maybe I'm a little bit more worldly than my Mama would like to admit, but
Folks, I loved it.  In the beginning, I wasn't sure, but they got me in the
end.  I even got a little teary-eyed (especially when I saw the dedication
at the end).  Maybe Martha Mae, the sexy Grinch, was unnecessary, but I
didn't think she ruined the show in any way.  My favorite parts, of course,
were the ones that were true to the original cartoon version.  Clint was a
fabulous looking Who, and for my part, I thought our little Ronnie Howard
did a bang up job.  You might note that it is rated PG, and much more
child-friendly, I thought, than most PG movies these days.  (Just my two
cents worth.)

"Nice.  REAL nice."
Martha

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 21:54:49 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Barney in Real Estate

I was disappointed in TVLand last night. I was watching the episode where 
Barney gets into the real estate business. I had my wife and son come down 
for a 2 second shot. It was after the Simmses (Mayberry talk) visited the 
Taylors. As they were touring, Opie told every little thing wrong about the 
house. When the Simms ran away scared, Barney followed them.....pleading and 
begging. Then, for an instant moment, he leaned through the door and gave 
Opie a look that would kill. It's a hilarious scene, and I couldn't 
believe....TVLand cut it!!! If they had to cut 1/2 a second off, there were 
many more places that would have been better. Agree?

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:23:24 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Father of the Father??

23/November/2-K


Actor/comedian Jay Novello played a pickpocketing crook in TAGS episode #53 - 
"Guest of Honor", and a jewel thief in episode #57 - "Andy and Barney in the 
Big City". 
Do any of you know if Jay Novello is perhaps the father of or otherwise 
related to comedian/actor, Don Novello, who is the incarnation of  Fr. Guido 
Sarducci of Saturday Night Live, (et. al.) and who is also the character 
persona of Lazlo Toth? 

Tom Strongbow
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

End of wbmutbb-digest V2 #379
*****************************


**************************************************
~              Visit our sponsor
~         Weaver's Department Store
~   http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/weavers/
**************************************************

You must send your comments to the Digest from the
address you used to join WBMUTBB or your message
will not be posted. Only members may post to this
mailing list.

To remove yourself from the WBMUTBB Digest mailing
list send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
following command in the body of your email message:

unsubscribe wbmutbb-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To change your email address, first unsubscribe using
the command above and then re-subscribe using the
following command in the body of your email message:

subscribe wbmutbb-digest

Reply via email to