We have just had another beautiful snowfall here in Wisconsin and it is a
gorgeous winter wonderland today.  My wife and I took a drive around the
city and the first thing we noticed on this Saturday was that not one child
was outside playing in the fresh snow.  We immediately began to talk about
the changing times for children.  In Mayberry Opie and his friends spent as
much time outdoors as possible.  I can think of only two occasions when I
saw Opie watch TV.  One was when he was watching Colonel Tim's program and
another time he was watching a western.  Over Christmas we had another
beautiful snowfall and what did all my nieces and nephews do?  They sat
around playing their little video games, sat at the computer, and put movies
into the DVD players. At no time did they even consider going outside to get
some fresh winter air.  I can only imagine the fun Opie would have had if
there would have been heavy snows in Mayberry.  I bet even Otis would have
enjoyed falling down on occasion into a big soft fluffy snowdrift.

Ken Anderson
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, WI 54701
(Home) 715-839-8470