>>>For years now I have been looking to buy a Diecast or scale 1/25 model
>>>Mayberry Squad Car.

Hey Gomer,

Not sure what the scale was, but Johnny Lightning produced a "Hot
Wheels-size" '61 Mayberry squad car a few years back.  They're readily
available on eBay, but don't pay more than $10.  A trading card was
included in the package in an attempt to get suckers -- uh, I mean
collectors -- to buy several of the same car.

Many years ago, one of the big model car companies (AMT, I think it was)
used to make a kit for 1960s-era fastback Galaxie XL.  Some other company, I
forget who, used to sell an add-on kit that you could purchase in addition
to the AMT kit, to make it into a Mayberry squad car.  It came with a sedan
body and police equipment, which you added to the chassis and drivetrain
from the AMT kit.  I imagine these kits are impossible to find
these days (there were pretty expensive even back then), but you might check
with the hobby shops in your area.

--Paul Mulik