Dear TAGS friends,

I am truly touched that so many of you wrote me a personal note to send
condolences about losing my dear Opie cat.  Monday was one of the saddest days
of my life.  It has been a quiet, sad couple of days for me.  For almost 20
years I have rushed home from college or work just to see my Opie and enjoy his
companionship.  He'd purr on my lap while I watched TAGS.  To make my loss a
bit easier, I tried to think about the episode in which Opie sets free the
birds.  He hated to do so, but he knew it was best for them.  I too hated to
let go of my Opie cat, but I knew it was best for him.  As I was in a daze on
Monday night, I tried to watch TAGS and forget.  I'm so glad the episode of
Barney explaining the Emancipation Proclamation was on.  That's one of my
favorites, and I even caught myself chuckling out loud at one point.  I thought
it would be awhile before I'd laugh again, but ol' Barn helped me forget
momentarily.  Anyway, I just want to thank my Digest friends for writing.  It
does help to know you have experienced loss too, even though (in Opie Taylor's
words) "it makes me kinda sad."  I REALLY appreciate the Mayberry-kind of
kindness I have felt from y'all.  Bless you.

Johnna