Our local paper had a few Calvin Coolidge quotes the other day.
He said "Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized
robbery."
"Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong."
"I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the
observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement."
"Industry, thrift, and self-control are not sought because they create wealth,
but because they create character."
And this one, "We cannot continue to enjoy the result, if we neglect and
abandon the cause."
Now you know just what did Calvin Coolidge say.
Bee in New Concord, OH
Brenda Higgins