(apologies if this hits twice right away.  I sent but never saw it post)
--------

At long last we have a tribute to Mayberry's Charming Background Actress
we have dubbed Nice Dress Nellie.

I have worked on capturing her appearances and have them  all  (that I
know so far) posted now.  She is over 30 episodes and growing.
I would have to say she is the most prominent background actress, for
her number of appearances, and the fact that she appeared from the first
season to the last.  She's been everything from a potential wife for
Andy to a Flower Judge, to just a lady passing by.  When there is just
one lady on the street, it is often her.  She was there for the Citizens
Arrest along with Tom Jacobs and other favorite Extras, and she was
there at the  Mosaic Art Lecture  that Warren and Otis spoke whispering
with Mr. Schwamp.  One time she simply walked past the Barbershop
window.  She's a quiet sort though.  You don't find her protesting at
Mr. Frisbee's or in Jail for the Bingo game.  She was at the Ellie
Rally, just showing her quiet support.   (she did speak once, see  the
page for details)

But who is she??  Another mystery of Schwamp proportions.  Nobody knows
(so far)???  It would seem she had to have a connection to one of the
actors or producers to last that long, and appear that often.  Watch for
her, and let me know the appearances I've missed.

http://www.mayberrygossipclub.com/gossip/index.php?title=Nice_Dress_Nell
ie

Thanks to Ray Hadorn for capturing this picture for me, and Allan
Newsome for setting up the structure of this page

Speaking of Tom Jacobs, I have updated his page with 4 more appearances.
Check out Tom again.  He's up to 22 and counting.

http://www.mayberrygossipclub.com/gossip/index.php?title=Tom_Jacobs