I guess this goes under my "Mayberry Moment" category.
This past Saturday, four-year old John Clay was playing "football coach" and he
was heard making the
following remarks:

"I will be your football coach.? I know everything about football.
Rule Number One:? If you have any questions, just ask me.
Rule Number Two:? If I forget the rules, everything will be OKAY!

My little ones?have heard the "two rules of Mayberry" all their lives--Rule
Number One, Obey all rules; Rule
Number Two, No writing on the walls because it takes a lot of work to remove
writing off of the walls--
so many times and I suppose?they just assume no talk is really a good?talk
unless you put in two rules.

And to Kim, your idea about why Ramona Wiley Bectoris forgot all about our
Barney is as good as any
I could come up with, and yes, how about that name!

And Judy, you will get a lot of responses about the Mr. question.? It's a
cultural thing here in the South.
And to us it seems odd to address an older person by his or her last name
only.? But Barney was so
impressed with that convict he wanted Gentleman Dan?to treat him (Barney) as a
close friend.? Thus
calling him by his first name.

Laura Lee Hobbs, Dime Store Clerk and Gold Truck Receiver Extraordinaire and my
children won't address
any adult without a Miss or Mr. in front of his/her name--that's just right.

"Now act like somebody."