We all know the terrific episode "Man In A Hurry". Many of us, rank it as the number one episode to capture the essence of TAGS. I'm right there with you. But there is one troubling aspect of the show, and I'm not talking about how the man walking into to town, right up to the Taylors coming out of church and addresses Sheriff Taylor by name......

What really troubles me is the scene when Gomer brings the car back and won't take money for the repairs and is so proud of the work he and Goober have done get it running smooth as silk--- Then the man has a change of heart and decides to stay with the Taylors...and of course I'm happy that he did....but they present it as because the car isn't running right. Gomer is sure its ok....but is so polite he won't argue that its running smooth. I just feel bad for Gomer in that scene. He seems so confused that he and Goob had it running right, only to be told its not......Even for a good cause that aspect of the episode has always tugged at my heart. I wish Gomer could have been more confident of himself like he was in "Citizen's Arrest" when he told Barney to "go up an alley and holler FISH!"

Anyone else ever bothered by that aspect of "Man In A Hurry"? Believe me, I love the episode and rank it at or near the top.....just curious about that little part of it.

Dennis
"Boy Giraffes Are Selfish..."
[EMAIL PROTECTED]