You guys sure are taking me back to the good ol' days. I, like many of you,
spent all the time I could outside especially when my friends were around.  We
played basketball or sandlot football from mornin' til night.  We did have to
be home for dinner (supper) but afterwards we were right back at it.  We never
came in for a drink of water... we'd just crank up the nearest water hose and
have at it.  The water never tasted so good.

I remember many times setting on the front porch of my parent's home and waving
to all the passersby that drove by the house.  It seemed like we knew everybody
back then - my dad never met a stranger.

I miss those simpler days of having local stores and neighbors that cared about
neighbors.  I wish my kids could have known times like that.

Sam / TN