I  was reading the FAQ'S on mayberry.com and came across this one:

  Did it ever rain in Mayberry?
Regarding the subject of bad weather, there was a flood in Mayberry sometime
between episode 95 "The Big House" and episode 118, "Andy's Vacation." Barney
says, "I can get Gomer as a deputy. He's still sworn in from the flood." Also,
in episode 219 "Goober's Contest," Andy mentions that a tornado once struck
Mayberry. Of course, neither of these catastrophes happened on-screen; they
were just mentioned later. The only time it actually rains on-screen is in "A
Black Day for Mayberry" while everybody anxiously awaits for the arrival of the
gold truck. My guess is that it actually was raining at the time, but the
producers were forced to shoot the episode anyway due to one deadline or
another. I mean, why would they go to the trouble to make FAKE rain? There are
a few other episodes in which storm sound effects are heard (Quiet Sam, The
Jinx, Dogs Dogs Dogs) but no rain is actually seen in those episodes. --Paul
Mulik Speaking of weather, the other day my little boy was asked
 by his teacher to spell "weather" and he spelled it w-a-n-t-h-e-r. That's just
about the worst spell of weather we've had in a long time (from "An Evening
With Me" by Don Knotts.)

   I was watching Episode 183 "The Gypsies", and at the end of the show when
the gypsies "break the curse", there is a shot where you can see it raining
looking out of the courthouse window. Just didn't see it mentioned on the
answer to that question, and thought I'D share.

                                                                     Gentleman
Dan