I picked up a copy of "TV Land To Go: The Big Book of TV Lists, TV Lore, and TV
Bests" (2001) at a used book store.  As we would all hope and expect, TAGS
shows up regularly.

-Of course, Ron Howard is one of the "15 TV Actors Who Have Gone On To Direct."
 He's listed at #2 behind "Meathead" Rob Reiner.

-Anagram for "The Andy Griffith Show": "Adrift? Why then, go fish!"

-Anagram for "Barney Fife": "Fine by fear"

-Anagram for "Gomer Pyle": ""Mr. Gee ploy"

-The TAGS Pilot, "Danny Meets Andy Griffith," in the "Make Room for Daddy"
series is one of "the top seven episodes that secure a permanent place in
television and cultural history."

-TAGS is listed as the second rated show (slightly behind "I Love Lucy") in
"Syndico-Durability, the category that measures the long term-strength of a
show."

-TAGS is one of a "the few television shows to create a unique literary voice
that is really its very own. No synopsis can really do it justice, since the
genius of the show lay in the poetry of it and had nothing to do with the
story."

-"The Top 100 Sitcom Episodes of All Time" includes the following:
-"Class Reunion" @ #99
-"Opie and the Bully" @ #89
-"Barney and the Choir" @ #57
-"Man in a Hurry" @ #28
and
-"Danny Meets Andy Griffith" @ #11 (OK, technically not TAGS but sometimes you
have to "go by the heart")
I guess it's hard to squeeze 249 episodes into a top 100.
I know you're wondering, so "I'll tell ya," the #1 episode is listed at
"Chuckles Bites the Dust" of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."

A couple, mostly forgivable, misquotes:
-"Barney asks, 'Do the tears on your pillow bespeak the pain that's in your
heart?' And Andy can't deny it."  I b'lieve, they got Andy and Barney's roles
reversed.
and
-Andy: "Aunt Bee, you're a burden in this world"  At least they spelled Bee
correctly.

All in all, it was a good use of six bucks.

Don Good
(Of course, at that price, I had to sacrifice getting the current issue of
"Learn a Month.")