Hello Friends,

Just to clear up a few things and confuse a few others.  Thelma Lou
ultimately did marry Barry in the reunion movie, so her last, last name was
indeed Fife.   However during the series we didn't know her maiden name.
However, you'll recall it was revealed.....I think in the color class
reunion episode, that after Barney had left Mayberry, Thelma Lou moved away
too, went to Jacksonville and married Gerald Whitfield, foreman of a
wrecking crew.

There was a recent discussion about The Rumor episode where Andy's room is
redecorated for the presumed bride and groom.  I just watched that one again
the other day, and while the "phantom" door is there, the question about
paint and wallpaper needs clarification.  The painter was painting the
closet door, not a wall, and when Barney wonders if the paint is dry....he
checks it on trim wood around a window or door.....so its completely legit
to have been painting in a room that was wallpapered!

Then there is something else I noticed in the Fun Girls episode when Andy
and Barney are busy doing inventory.  There are two "mason" jars with
something in them on the table in front of Andy as he is counting stuff.  I
wonder what was in them?  Confiscated hootch?  Maybe some elixer saved for
special occasions?  Surely not! There's also a big jug of something to the
side.  Probably Barney's cider?  Wonder if its gone hard?

Ken, thanks for your recent post on the soda fountain.  Great stuff.  And
Kim, I'm with you on that weekend iteniary.  And Bee.....I think a Mayberry
amuzement park would be a hit.  Keep dreamin'!

Dennis
"Boy Giraffes Are Selfish"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]