Hey Mayberrians!

I had a chance to read a website about how difficult Aunt Bee was to work
with at times. I believe strongly that Francis Bavier truly loved the art of
acting, but sometimes some people, including the fans, may have aggravated
her. I surely could understand her getting upset when a stranger would just
come up to her and ask, "Where is Sherrif Taylor or Where is Deputy Fife?"

Sometimes, I wonder how did she 'really' feel about the fans making such a
fuss over TAGS after all those years, and I also wonder how did she really
feel when people make icons out of people and when people waste so much
money and energy in preserving "things" but aren't too concerned about the
sad things that are happening today in places such as Africa, Indonesia, and
elsewhere.  Would she really be happy with all of this? This also reminds me
of the recent comment that was made by the lady who played Charlene Darling
because, after all those years, she says she was still getting fan mail. She
commented, "It's just ridiculous!"

Just something for all of us to think about, not to fuss about.

Valerie