About the "Raleigh license plates":  I figure Goober made a special study of
the letters and numbers used on car tags.  Maybe on the day the lady lawyer
came to town, there had already been two or three other cars from Raleigh,
and all of their license plates started with the same two letters.
Obviously, anyone else who had those same letters on their tag must have
gotten them at the same place.

About "salt-rising bread" : there is no such thing as salt-rising bread!
Salt will NOT make dough rise, no matter how much of it you add.  Barney
uses the term, and you might come across recipes for salt-rising bread in
old cookbooks, but the term is a misnomer.  I guess it's just one of those
mysterious food names like Boston cream pie, which is not a pie at all, and
may not even have originated in Boston.

About reversed shots: the one I was thinking of the other day is in "The
Perfect Female."  When Andy is shooting at crows, one flies over and he
takes a shot and misses.  A moment later, he misses another one, but it's
actually the crow -- the film was deliberately flipped over to make it look
like a different bird flying in the opposite direction.

--Paul Mulik