In a message dated 2/5/07 12:06:21 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Trained noticers know that they did not marry until Mayberry RFD, after
> the Andy Griffith Show had ended.

Which brings up an interesting question...when did they actually get engaged?
 I don't recall Andy ever proposing to Helen, though there may have been
references to them being engaged.  Maybe one of Barney's "Guess what everybody?
They're about to get married!" fiascos resulted in Andy saying "Aw heck Helen,
let's not fight it anymore!"  (Just kidding on that last part.)

But really, when did Andy ever pop the question? Closest I can remember is
his talk with Helen after that fiasco with the bedroom..."What a stupid trick,
Barney!"

Dixon