>>>We know Andy is not a coward and he is certainly not a stupid person.  But
>>>we also know he lost his mother when he was a baby and was raised by Aunt
>>>Bee; we know his first love Sharon deSpain left him; we also know  his first
>>>wife died soon after little Opie was born. So maybe he was really scared of
>>>having a close relationship with a woman.  Maybe he thought if he did
>>>anything too strong he might "hurt" the woman in his life....And that's as
>>>deep as me and Mr. Schwamp and Lydia can get.<<<

We have some very insightful people on this list!  Laura Lee, I believe your
idea makes a lot of sense.  (It would also explain why Andy was in no hurry to
marry Helen; why he needed to make sure the relationship was firmly established
before taking that step.)  Who knows if the writers ever thought along this
line, but I like it!

You and Kim are sure psychologically tuned in to the TAGS characters.  And
you're deep -- really deep!

Thelma Lou
(Janet)