My mom and dad was just as country as country can be. We grew a huge garden
each yr and canned or froze all the veggies.
But my dad , during the day was manager of goverment sales at a Huge trucking
company. During the day he was a 3 peice suit man. But after work, he was jeans
or overhalls. There was lots of times he would have a saleman come from another
state and would bring him home for supper. mom never knew this before they got
there and it never seemed to be a problem. I remember one guy can from new york
and it was the summer time. dad and him came in, dad changed into the overalls
and out he went with this guy to gather stuff in the garden. this feller looked
like he was totally lost. we sat down after supper to string and break beans
and this poor salesman just looked at us. he didnt have a clue as to what to do
nor why we did it. he asked dad why not just buy them in the store and dad
asked him was the green beans he ate with supper good. he replied that they
were wonderful and dad said thats why we dont buy them in the store. lol