There is a dirrerence in Andy's personality throughout the whole run of the
show. In the first seaons , he was MUCH more countrfied in his ways and his
accent. He would use incorrect grammar ( and so would Barney), but as the
show went on you could see that disappearing. One example is in the esp
where the guy comes to town to record a folk album. Andy can be heard to
pronounce the word BANJO as BANJER......he would also use SICH for such,
etc. Also during this time, Andy seemed more prone to pull pratical jokes
and just sometimes act silly. I think of these years as the HAPPY GO LUCKY
YEARS.

Then in the middle of the run, Andy seemed to be more educated in his
speech. I enjoy these epsisodes most. I think they were really in their
stride. Andy was still cheerful, but you can see the difference.

Then in the post Barney years, Andy really seemed to change a lot. He
doesn't have the humor of Barney to play off, but he even seems a little
distant to Goober and the others. I am not being negative, but just stating
what I see. I don't like these episodes as much...mainly because Barney was
gone.

It would have been great to have had ten years with Andy and Barney
together. I know we should be thankful for what we have now, but I do wonder
what all they could have done if Barney had just stayed in Mayberry.

The best show ever on tv...period.