Hey To Goobers!
    Well, when I was a kid, my family didn't  have a front porch. I did
however have a good friend who had a quite nice  front porch. Since I spent
almost
all my waking hours at her house, I was able  to take full advantage of their
front porch. That porch had two  large swings on it. I was the kind of kid who
got motion sickness just  turning around to answer the door, so I had to have
loved being there even  though I'd have to endure the inevitable nausea I'd
likely be  experiencing. (I did) =)
    We girls each took one of those big swings and  whiled away a lot of time
there, swapping stories and at times just singing  our hearts out. I can
still see us, in my mind's eye, lounging in those swings  with one foot hung
off
on to the porch to propel our motion. We didn't have a  care in the world at
those times, or at least we didn't invite those cares to  our "Front Porch
Visits"
    It was on that porch, we planned our day's  activities, discussed who was
sweet on whom, who we'd like to date... (if we  could get him to notice us),
what we wanted to be when we grew up, how mean our  siblings were to us,
wondered out loud if our Moms would allow us to go here or  there and such
things
as which kids or teachers at school were currently  giving us grief.
    We covered a lot of ground while lying on our backs  on those swings,
across from one another, both of us giving friendly, emotional  support to the
other. It gives me "Smiles & Goose Bumps" just by  recalling those happy
carefree days, lounging on that front porch across  from my bosom friend.... we
were
kindred spirits. In those days, time  seemed to stand still while we just
enjoyed each other's company!
    Would I trade those days for anything else you  could conger up? You be
the judge =)
You'all Have A Mayberry Day!
Danna In Indiana