News Alert:

Hazel, the piano player, has just given me and the girls a B+ in our breathing!
 Take that Mrs. Poultice!
Yes, our practicing is coming along just fine.  Last night we ran our song,
"Sliver Bells and Gold Trucks"
by John Masters and he actually had tears running down his face.  Viola said
she was pretty sure they
were tears of happiness rather than tears of pain because she heard him say as
he was leaving, "I sent
all the way to New York for the music, and this is what I get."  I think he
meant that as a compliment.
I know it's going to be tough to compete against Barney and his selection of
the light classics, but we
girls are going to give it our best.
Hazel has even come up with a name for our little group:  Three Girls and a
Song.
I do declare, that woman has more talent in her little pinky than most people
have in their whole body.
She can play a piano, teach breathing lessons, and come up with a name that
suits a group right off the top of her head in a second flat.  Now, not even
Ima Winslowe can do that and she's the smartest person I know
next to Paul.  Talent, pure talent.
Well, see you at the choir festival,

Laura Lee Hobbs, Dime Store Clerk and Gold Truck Watcher, and member of "Three
Girls and a Song"  singing group, and they are gooooooood.
"Barney,  you have a trained voice?"  John Masters