There has always been things on the show that people did not do or say in
North Carolina.The thing that I never understood was Opie always wearing a coat
and tie when they went somewhere.I didn't know any kid who dressed this way in
eastern NC.I was 4 yrs. old when the show started ,so we were of similar
ages.The only time we wore ties was to church.The older adults always wore
them,but the middle age men did not wear them when the went visiting,or for a
car ride.Maybe it's trivial ,but that wasn't the North Carolina Maybe someone
can explain to me or were we different in the eastern part.
                                                        Lee