In a message dated 11/19/06 12:05:35 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> But even
> on the sitcoms of todays, photographs of the children in the family will
> rarely be seen in the homes. No pictures of grandparents, cousins, nothing.
> It's like the family lives in a vacuum.  Did any of you ever notice
> that?

I can think of a few shows that feature family photos.  "All in the Family,"
"M*A*S*H," "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" and "Leave It to Beaver" have
shown older photos of characters or photos of relatives we might otherwise
never see (like Colonel Potter's wife).  Once on "Happy Days" we saw a photo of
Al's parents (they both looked just like Al) and the last episode of "Leave It
to Beaver" showed the family looking at a photo album.

Dixon