In hopes of solving the mystery of Mr. Schwamp, I did a people search
through the white pages.  I found seven Schwamps listed.  They live in
Wisconsin, Missouri, and Virginia.  Not knowing Mr. Schwamp's first name, I
could not investigate any further.  I am thinking of writing each of them a
letter asking if they or any kin every lived in Mayberry, NC.  On the chance
that the spelling could be Schwump, which I have seen people use on
occasion, I did a search for that, but there were no names listed.

Kenneth G. Anderson
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
715-839-8470