What was Mr. Schwamp 's real name??????

It's not your thinking bucket, this is still an unanswered question I
believe, right Allan & Jim?
Maybe all this talk will get someone to discover the name of the actor.
  You would think there would be a photo source for these actors that
played parts that were a bit more than just an "extra".  I was also
wondering if anyone had a source to find out how much a non-speaking
part like that paid back then, then we could convert it to todays
dollars.  He was sure in several episodes and seemed to be more than an
extra, but never got a speaking part and thus no credit mention.  He
really does look like a nice normal regular man in a small town.  Maybe
a deacon at church, a car salesman - because of the toupee, or a store
manager or some such.  Backbone of the community!  Maybe a local
politician?  Always smiling and nodding, as Floyd would say, "Such a
Nice man"!

Opie's dad