My family and I have met most of TAGS cast in person a few times. What
stands out is my memory is that everyone of them were so NICE ( and a door
prize!), and friendly. Don Knotts was frail but still took the time to pose
for a pic with my wife and daughter.

Betty Lynne was about worn out by the time my family and I got to meet her.
She had been signing autographs after a show and we were at the end of the
line. I figured she would sign and then leave quickly as she was tired.
Instead, when she found out my daughter was going to be a teacher, she just
talked and talked like we were old friends. I even got a hug from her...glad
Don wasn't there to see!

Howard Morris ( Earnest T ) was so nice to my son in law.....signed a pic
for him and kissed him on the cheek! lol

I have met Otis, all the Darlings except Brisco, and Rafe Hollister and they
were just as nice. Otis even sent me a letter apologizing for being late
sending his autograph!

Never got to meet Aunt Bea of course, but do have her autograph, along with
the rest.

One thing will always stand out in my mind from Mayberry Days in TN. As the
cast was boarding the bus to go back to their hotel , all the crowd was
gathered around to say bye. When Rodney Darling got close to us, I saw him
shaking a man's hand and he said " there's nobody like Mayberry folk."