One of my favorite pastimes is listening to a radio program called Celtic
Heartbeat.  I listen to it on the internet via Radio Wales.  The last
program had a Welch artist sing his rendition of Old Dan Tucker.  Now my
opinion is, and bare in mind I do not have a trained music ear, Andy and
Opie's rendition of Old Dan Tucker was far superior to than the Welch
version. Chalk one up for the good old boys from Mayberry.  I often wondered
if Andy and Opie sang Old Dan Tucker for the traveling shoe salesman who
passed through Mayberry or for Mr. Maxwell when he made his record.

Kenneth G. Anderson
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
715-839-8470