I’ll run with Allan’s intro and promote the service project that
belongs to each of us – the WBMUTBB Silent Auction during Mayberry
Days. This is an annual fund raising event that benefits the Surry Arts
Council, helping to pay the costs of the festival. It is held on
Saturday at 10:00 a.m. to Noon in front of the Andy Griffith Playhouse.
Through the years, wonderfully talented and creative members of our
chapter have donated Mayberry related things to the auction - handmade
items, memorabilia, autographed items, special one-of-a-kind things
that aren’t sold in stores. We’ve already got a number of great items
and certainly welcome more. Donated items are tax deductible as a
donation to a non-profit organization, so the IRS shares the love as
well.

There are three ways to help – donating an item, donating your time,
and bidding on auction items (and bless the hearts of those who do all
three!). If you don’t feel creative you can help during the auction –
setting up things on the table, keeping track of bid sheets, and
answering questions. It is only a couple hours and gives you a chance
to visit with folks and help out others – something really Mayberry
about that, don’t you think?

If you have something to donate, need to ask a question or want more
specific information, send me an email at [EMAIL PROTECTED] (good
through mid-September) or [EMAIL PROTECTED] after that. I’m going to
put out an extra plea for help this year because in my preparation for
Mayberry Days, I’m also in the midst of getting ready to move to
Nashville next month and don’t have as much time to get ready for the
auction this year. So if any of you are in Mount Airy on Thursday and
can spare some time to do what usually takes me weeks of advance work,
we’ll pull this year’s auction off with your help. I thank each of you
who have helped in previous years and hope you will be able to help
again and encourage others to get involved as well.

Now back to Allan – annual WBMUTBB introductions and photo on Friday
after trivia again this year?

Jeff
Raleigh, NC