Greetings all,

I claim to be Florida's most avid Andy Griffith Show fan because of my
car tag, JL-327, but here is something I must have missed.

JOE GRITTON wrote -

Its just one of those inconsistencies like ... Gomer knowing
nothing about cars, and then being a genius mechanic.

Crazy me, I don't remember that!  I thought Gomer always referred to
his cousin Goober as the genius mechanic, putting a car engine on a
boat (that's fast on water), not knowing anything but gas & oil, and
Gomer was the go-between with Malcolm Tucker in "Man In A Hurry".  Of
course Goober WAS the car genius.  My favorite Goober episode is #144,
Goober Takes a Car Apart.  Floyd is perfect (I heard it then, it
sounded like a sneeze) and Goober's "Cha-Wheat" & "Pucka Pucka like
ole' banney rooster" get me every time!  I always wondered if Gilley
Walker learned to drive so fast from running from the Germans on
Hogan's Heroes?

When did Gomer know cars?  I am not being obtuse or fa-sish-us, just
forgot the episode(s) when he did.

Opie's Dad, Martin Simmons