Ken,
  Hope that the book is a great success.I look forward to adding it to my
Mayberry book collection.
  As to chicken owners,the first one to come to mind was the cute little man
that was being evicted and had the chicken in the house when Andy came to serve
the papers.Then there was the man making the "shine" that the rooster got drunk
on the corn.

    "Growing up Southern is a privilege. It's more than where you're born, it's
an idea and a state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than lovin'
fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and acoustic guitars. It's being
hospitable, devoted to screen porches, moon pies, sun drop....and each other.
We don't become Southern, we're born that way."