*** So 2 questions here: Where was the Lunch Counter and isn't this the only
episode that mentions it? Why not get Otis's food from the Bluebird
Diner or Mayberry hotel?***

I wasn't under the impression Lunch Counter was a business name,  it could have
just as easily been the Bluebird Diner itself, or perhaps a break room or snack
bar at the factory where he worked.

***Okay now watching the Big House episode. I accept Gomer as a deputy,
really I do. But why would Barney, such a stickler for law & order & so
fixated on minor details not tell Gomer to buckle is belt tighter? He
was about to lose his side arm the way that gun belt was hanging down***

Perhaps because Barney was in denial that Gomer looked out of place in the
uniform and didn't notice it.  Sure he might have noticed other things, and for
all we know it probably hung down worse before Barney adjusted it and said
"There, that's better" (that would have been a very funny scene, now that I
think of it).  If Gomer looked too handsome and natural in his uniform it would
have killed the joke.  (Of course it would've gotten old if he walked around
like that on "Gomer Pyle USMC".)

Dixon