Kenneth, thank you so much for that message telling about your father.
I, too, do not see anything funny about the portrayal of someone drunk
on tv or the movies. Neither my father or my husband had a problem with
alcohol but I have a son who does and my brother did besides other
relatives on my mother's side of the family. Your words were so true, we
never see the effects of Otis's drinking on his family or others. I am
so glad, as you say, that things have changed more in the entertainment
industry as to portraying this as a funny situation. It is not.
Mary Grace in Georgia