Forgive me for another post so soon but I received so many emails about
going home I feel compelled to share one more story.  In 1926 my father
immigrated to this great land at the age of 23.  He left his family in
Sweden and came to America to seek a better life.  He always dreamed of
returning home to see his family but he never did. Because of a language
barrier we lost contact with all Dad's family until I was able to find in
1999 while doing research on my computer.  I sent a letter and one morning
after church I received a phone call from two first cousins in Sweden.  One
year later my wife and I spent two wonderful weeks in Sweden with my new
family.  We visited my father's birthplace, his childhood village, and his
school.  We were also able to visit the beautiful cemetery where both my
grandparents are laid to rest.  Knowing my father's dream to return home
never came true I did one little thing for him.  I went to my father's grave
in Dorchester, Wisconsin, and I took some soil and rocks from his graveside.
I took it to Sweden and mixed it in the soil of his parent's graves.  Then I
took some soil and rocks from my grandparent's graves and from my father's
childhood home and  I took them to Dorchester and mixed them with the soil
on my father's grave.  Now for eternity the ground from the two homes my
father loved shall now be but one.  By the way, this morning I received a
wonderful email from my Cousin Patrik in Sweden wishing us a happy
midsummer.  He included many pictures of my Swedish family "back home".

I promise no more postings.  I will sit back and enjoy what all my TAGS
friends write.

Kenneth G. Anderson
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701