This is from TV Shows on DVD. Sounds like there is a good chance that
Mayberry RFD and Gomer are coming to DVD!!

The 8th and final season of The Andy Griffith Show is set to come to
DVD before the end of the year, according to our friends in the home
video industry who pass on such rumors and gossip to us. The 30
episodes that wrap up the series are supposedly in the works to hit
store shelves on December 12th. That is, by the way, the same date
that we were told to expect the first season DVDs of the spin-off
series, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.!!

And speaking of spin-offs, don't forget that The Andy Griffith Show
finished with one! The final episode of "TAGS" aired on 4/1/68, and
re-ran in primetime on 9/16/68. A week later, on 9/23/68, Mayberry
R.F.D. debuted, picking up right where the last Andy Griffith Show
episode - called "Mayberry R.F.D." (and not by coincidence, either!)
- left off. Look for guest starring shots from Jack Albertson, Harry
Dean Stanton, Alan Oppenheimer, a VERY pre-WKRP Howard Hesseman, an
even-younger Teri Garr, Ken Berry and the cast of Mayberry R.F.D.,
and a single-episode return of the late great Don Knotts as "Barney
Fife"!

Stay tuned, and as soon as Paramount Home Entertainment makes this
date official and thereby validates our info, we'll have more details
for you!