>>>We were watching the marathon last weekend, isnt it funny how much Andy
>>>speaks in grunts in the color episodes?<<<

One of the things I really enjoy about Andy Griffith's performances in
TAGS--during both the black and white and the color years--is the way he uses
grunts, sighs, and various other forms of "non-word" verbalization to express
himself.  He seems to have used these more than other TV actors, and I think
it's part of what makes his performances seem so genuine.  In real life, people
use more than complete sentences or even just "standard" words to communicate,
so those little things Andy adds to his character make him seem more like a
real person.

Thelma Lou
(Janet)