Ben Currin wrote:
>>I have watched all the Warren episodes, and I feel he was very good. He was
playing Deputy Warren Fergerson--not Deputy Barney Fife. Does anyone agree with
me, or am I out in right field on this.?<<

I agree with Ben on this one. Warren Ferguson certainly was no Barney Fife,
but then I donĀ¹t think the writers intended him to be a carbon copy of his
legendary predecessor. Who could replace Deputy Fife? I think the Warren
episodes have a strong comedic energy that most of the subsequent color
episodes sadly lack. Viewed objectively, when compared to LATER episodes
rather than to EARLIER ones, I think the Warren storylines are very worthy
efforts. Jack Burns did his best in an untenable position and created a
memorably quirky, eccentric character in his own right. If he ever comes to
a cast reunion, I would like to shake his hand and thank him for that.

Richard Veit