Re: the episode where Bob Rogers comes in as a mayberry deputy sent in from the state attorney generals office

makes me feel proud we got recognized on the show.
I got plenty family that lives there. come visit we got lots of sites to see, and come visit our whole state of wyoming

Green River Ordinance: Green River, Wyoming

http://www.rockymountainroads.com/i-080j_wy.html (scroll down about 3/4 of the page)

The city of Green River is perhaps best known nationally for the Green River Ordinance, which prohibits door to door selling. Created in 1931, the Green River Ordinance was passed with the intent of allowing railroad workers to sleep during the day; it was upheld by the Wyoming State Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals, and U.S. Supreme Court later that decade. The ordinance can be considered as an anti-trespass law, since peddlers are not allowed on private property without prior permission from the property owner